How to buy Saitama Inu – the easiest way to get it without gas costs
To note: This is not financial advice. This how-to article is for educational purposes only. Please note that cryptocurrency is a very volatile asset class; only invest what you can afford to lose.
“How to buy Saitama Inu” is one of the most searched queries right now as people wonder how they can get their hands on one of the new dog-themed tokens. First it was Dogecoin, now it’s Shiba Inu. Could Saitama be the next canine token to take the throne? Only time will tell.
Keep in mind, however, that Saitama is a meme token, just like Dogecoin and Shiba Inu. In other words, it has no inherent value or usefulness, but it rises through the ranks through social media chatter and its passionate community. Before you buy Saitama, there are some caveats you need to know before you jump in.
What you need to know before buying Saitama
Saitama, launched in May 2021, is an ERC-20 token, which is just a fancy way of saying it runs on the Ethereum blockchain. On the one hand, this is a positive point because Ethereum is known to be a secure and well-protected blockchain, but on the other hand, carrying out transactions on this network can be expensive.
To buy or sell ERC-20 tokens, you often have to pay gas fees. If the Ethereum network is too crowded and busy, gas fees can cost you $250, even if you only buy $10 worth of tokens. However, some crypto platforms (e.g. Nexo) support Ethereum fees on the backend, so you don’t have to pay a single penny.
According to Saitama white paper (a document that describes the primary mission of a cryptocurrency), 2% of all transactions are redistributed to token holders. That’s fine if you’re a token holder, of course. By simply owning Saitama, your token amount will increase every day automatically as the community transacts. But it is disadvantageous when you initiate transactions with Saitama. Whether you buy it, sell it, or move it to another wallet, you will lose 2%.
How to Buy Saitama Inu
The best way to buy Saitama while avoiding those pesky gas costs is to use BitMart. See the following step-by-step instructions to get started.
1. Open an account on BitMart here.
2. Once you have completed the onboarding process, your first task is to obtain USDT (Tether). Why? To buy Saitama, you need to trade Tether for it. There are two ways to get USDT. The first way is to buy it on BitMart using PayPal or a credit/debit card. Another way is to buy USDT from Coinbase and deposit it in BitMart.
3. Once you have secured your USDT, you can now buy Saitama. Move towards Markets and type Saitama in the search bar.
4. You will see Saitama/USDT appear. Click on To exchange.
5. The next screen can be a little intimidating as it is aimed at professional cryptocurrency investors, but don’t worry, it’s not as bad as you think. Scroll down the page and click Marlet.
6. Then press 100%. This will ensure that all of your USDT will be exchanged for Saitama.
7. Click Buy Saitama.
So ! You have now purchased your first group of Saitama tokens. You can view your newly purchased crypto by going to Place and clicking Standard.
I can’t stress that enough. Cryptocurrencies, especially meme tokens, are extremely volatile assets. Be sure to properly assess your risk tolerance and invest accordingly.